It’s the first Tuesday of every month, meaning your latest starbeam.one status update is here. Let’s begin!
The past few weeks have been really focused on the Administration Application, which can be viewed as a CMS application around the entire starbeam.one system. I wanted a way to quickly jump through all the different entities of the system and I am pleased to say that I finally have a first version that I am happy with using.
It’s not perfect, but it’s “perfect enough” which is sort of my mantra these days with software development. There have been a few times already I have asked myself a question about something and was able to track it down using the this application, so it’s already yielding some positive results. As with any application, it could use some improvements, but for now it will do.
Take a Midjourney with Me
With the Administration Application out of the way, I can move onto the big news, which is that I have started to integrate artificial intelligence art via Midjourney, and the results have been beyond impressive and even game-changing for me.
Now all my covers and backgrounds for all my products featured on starbeam.one are created via artificial intelligence. This not only takes the quality to another level (while still retaining the same low prices), but saves me so much time and effort in producing product. I am beyond elated with this development!
Onboarding the First Artist
But that’s not all, I am very pleased to announced that I have onboarded my first artist on starbeam.one: ImAIgin. Please check them out and maybe purchase a license (or two? 😁).
ImAIgin hails from India and it is more than exciting to be able to connect with artists across the world and feature their work. In this case, ImAIgin also features AI-generated work, so if you are into that please check out their marketplace!
There’s a lot of activity in my world right now, and to be honest it has been incredibly difficult to focus on features. Most of my time has been making sure that the site is operating as expected and addressing any bugs that may arise.
However, this next month will be spent on user-account improvements. The highest priority is to enforce email addresses for each account. When I launched in February as a preview, my approach was to make email more of an optional requirement than a required one. After all, each account is OAuth2-based. However, it has become clear since then that e-mail addresses are required for not only support (duh) but also to contact and notify users for when new products are produced.
(And also, our newsletter!)
Stand-up & Shine (& Shill)
That’s it for this month’s update here on this blog. More details – many more details! – can be found in the latest Stand-up & Shine (& Shill), seen below:
Until next time, stay bright out there. ✌ ✨